Wednesday, November 17, 2010

preparing the mothership

I have just received a new perfume from my friend Ebay.  The fragrance is sooooo good that I am almost thinking it might replace my signature perfume for the next couple of years.  It is called Eau de Fleurs Lavande by Chloe.  It does not really smell like lavander, but rather like a whole bunch of spring and flowers and soap and sunshine.  The only drawback is that it only lasts about 2 hours on me, so I need to keep on reapplying it.  In winter here the fragrances evaporate very quickly, because the humidity level is very low, so everything just smells much stronger, but for a shorter period of time.

Nothing new to report, today I have increased the dose of Estrace and I have not killed anyone yet.  In the past, my experience has been that I get very antsy and angry whenever the estrogen dose goes up, but so far so good. The only thing I have noticed is an irresistible urge to go running.   We have an indoor running track that was just built, brand new, and I love it.  I had a 45 minute break today between the end of the office day and a meeting that I had to attend in the evening, so I decided that I absolutely had to run.  I went to the track, put my running shoes on, took off my cashmere sweater and ran 4 km dressed in my office pants, my  bra and my camisole (bra straps showing, yes).  No matter what, I did not look dressed for running, but for once I did not care, I really had to burn some estrogen fuel, and I did.  That is so far the extent of my madness.

13 days until the embryos land.  Time to prepare the mothership.  No more coffee.  No more nonvegan slips (had some beef jerky today).  Daily exercise.  8 oz of green juice per day (chard, collards, spinach). And hey, I might even start to break in the folic acid bottle that lies untouched on my bathroom sink.  Perhaps I can convince the little buggers that this is a comfortable body to hijack.

1 comment: