Wednesday, July 27, 2011

37 weeks- Full Term!!!!

Full term today!  Can this be real?  I am not even so big as to waddle.  In fact, I hardly feel any different than I did at 28 weeks, minus the swollen hands and the insomnia.  Still swimming 1-1.5 km per day, which helps with all of my pregnancy discomforts.

Today I will be giving my obstetrician a nice goodbye gift -a really powerful juicer, same as the one I use (although it is not goodbye yet, he still has to do my c/section).  I am very thankful for everything he did for me, and am amazed that in such a small town as the one I live I got such really good care.

I am still fearing that something might go wrong with the pregnancy, as somewhere in my mind I still feel very defective and the thought of being able to carry a pregnancy to full term and beyond still does not match with the self image I had so far.  I suppose at some point I should change that self-image...  I also guess that I will soon have to let go of all of my infertility drama and move on to parenting.  Regardless of how I get to be a parent, I will still be only that, a parent.  Although as far as I am concerned, I will also be a woman for whom a miracle happened.

3 comments:

  1. That is so wonderful, I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic news! Even in the delivery room (especially when they had to get the vaccum out which scared the crap out of me), I was still bracing myself for something to go wrong. I can't even tell you how relieved I was when he was out and ok, that huge weight off your chest is indescribable. Oh I can't wait to see baby Emma pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you! Full term. :) I will see you soon!

    ReplyDelete