Sunday, July 24, 2011

laundry day

I am washing about four loads of baby stuff right now, and folding it, and trying to organize it.  It is quite a lot of work.  I got a plastic (hate plastic, must forgive myself for polluting) container with drawers for the baby stuff, I just did not know how else I was going to organize it.  I still don't have a system.  I have brown, green, and white organic cotton onesies and sleepers for 0-3 and 3-6 months, then I have pink 3-6 months sets of pants and tops also in organic cotton.  And four swaddle blankets that I got from Aden and Anais or something like that, also organic cotton.  These were organized from before.  Now, with the baby shower, I also got a lot of newborn onesies in pink, 0-3 onesies and pants in pink, 3-6 onesies and pants and hats in pink, and numerous items for 6-12 months that came with hangers and hence I left them on the hangers and will wash/sort them later.

I have no system for the many colours, types of cotton, and ages.  I am so OVERWHELMED!  I think I will just pick six onesies, six sleepers, four blankets, two hats and four bibs and work with that for the beginning, if I need more then I will go to the drawers where I have stored the rest.  "The rest" (ie mountain of clothes) will be organized by months and type.  Do babies need more clothes than their mom?

I also got three toys and three soothers, one box of baby powder, one tube of zinc oxide, one container of lanolin, four washcloths, one foldable foam tub that you are supposed to put in the sink, one sling, one ergo carrier, two boxes of disposable diapers for the first week until my c/section heals enough to be able to do laundry, two boxes of disposable wipes (ditto), then the cloth diapers, and cloth wipes, a cloth bag to put the dirty diapers in, and flushable liners for cloth diapering.

I am one of those people who likes to do laundry daily or every other day, I would much rather wash small quantities often than large quantities less often.  This is why I think my system will work ok.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.  Does my plan make sense?

1 comment:

  1. you are so organized! HAHA. I always just put shirts, pants, dresses, etc in a separate drawer. I never once thought of separating my clothes by fabrics/colors. Kudos!

    I think you will be just fine MrsH. Great plan on the disposable items until the c-section heals up then going for the cloth. I as well would prefer to do smaller amounts of laundry more often when my little one was going through the mass amounts of stuff.. now I don't have the time so it is generally a day of large loads of laundry once a week :(.

    ReplyDelete