Thursday, August 4, 2011

prelabour contractions

I woke up with a painful contraction this morning.  The whole day I had Braxton Hicks in large amounts, and a very very active Emma inside.  I went to the hospital for an NST, and it looked good, she moved about fifty times in 20 minutes, my cervix is 50% effaced, and 1 cm dilated, mid position and soft.  It hasn't changed over the past 6 hours, so I am not getting the C section yet, but I am continuing to have contractions, and some of them are hurting a bit, so I don't know if I will last the night.  I am now in that unpredictable prelabour period, that can last days, but I doubt very much that I will make it until the 10th of August.  In fact, I have my bag ready for tonight :)

So I have actually become a responsible mother and packed a bag.  In my hospital, we are not given underwear, large menstrual pads, baby diapers, or wipes, so all of that is now in my bag, together with two pajamas, six onesies (three short sleeve, three long sleeve), a pacifier, a nail clipper (in case Emma needs an urgent manicure after birth), and a wholelottamakeup for me, 'cause I can't show my less than perfectly made up face in public, C/section or not.  Plus a hair curler, 1.5 inch.  And basic toiletries (baby soap, shampoo, conditioner, floss, hair brush, toothbrush, toothpaste).

We are all set and ready to go.  And I moved mom's plane ticket to tomorrow, the soonest I could get.  It is so exciting.  I am making a big roast for my family to eat while I am in the hospital, and the house smells and feels like Christmas.  Hope I get a nice present! (so giddy).

2 comments:

  1. I am excited for you, it was good to see you pre-delivery today. I will be anxiously awaiting to see yours and Emma's name very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!!!!

    Sounds like you have everything packed and ready to go!!!

    Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete