Thursday, November 24, 2011

thermomix

I am in love with this kitchen gadget called the thermomix.  It is made in Germany I think, and the idea is that it's a mixer/blender/food processor that also heats up the bowl in which it is blending, hence it can also cook things.  The moment I heard about it I felt a huge gap in my kitchen arsenal, and hence went to work to hunt one.  First I contacted thermomix Canada, who informed me that it would cost me 1600 dollars or so to get the new model.  There is an older model, made up to 2004, and I tracked one down on Ebay for 500 $.  The problem was that it was from France, and hence the voltage was different (220V) and the plug as well, so MrH had to spend the weekend rewiring and such (adventures involving the crawl space of the house always impress a lady) and now I have a working Thermomix.  I am in love with this machine.  I have had it for less than one day and I have already made:  split pea and deer soup (deer meat was the only thing I had left in my freezer), custard cream (delicious), chocolate from scratch (with cacao butter and cocoa nibs), almond and rice milk, and now I am making dulce de leche.  Yum.

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of this but it sounds really cool! I love kitchen gadgets. Congratulations on your daughter as well. She's beautiful!

    ICLW #115

    ReplyDelete