Thursday, March 8, 2012

other people have penises

I am reading a book about a lady who had a miscarriage at 16 weeks.  She is describing everything very well, and I feel like I have so much in common with her... up until the point where she describes how the baby was conceived.

She and her husband had sex and she got pregnant.

Wow.  Picture that.

I am sitting here, on my floor, amid toys scattered around me, reading this book about complex emotions that I understand so well, and realizing that after all this time, the only thing I have NEVER done is have sex with my husband and get pregnant.  Get pregnant from sex.  In my current state of tiredness and daydreaming, I have a hard time picturing what that must feel like.  No doctors, no dildocam, no medications, no medical intervention at all, a completely personal and intimate affair.  Like I said to MrH, I am devoid of any envy by now, I just feel the same as I would about the fact that other people have penises:  I am just noting the difference and I am in awe.

I probably need some sleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment