Sunday, June 24, 2012

mystery poop

It was a lovely day today, and we spent the afternoon on the patio.  We live in a townhouse type of setting, and our neighbours to the right, who got piss drunk yesterday and had a big fight during dinner (our dinner, that is, that we like to eat on the patio) were much more sober today, and a lot quieter and more pleasant.  I managed to burn the chicken, but even that was ok because it turned out crispy and nice.

Emma had a good time playing and laughing with the neighbours' kids.  As the night came to an end and I picked her up to go inside, I noticed that she was munching on a round blob of poop.  Yuck indeed.  This is not the first time I notice my child eating poop, as she has done it before when I leave her without a diaper.  It is, however, the first time that she is eating somebody else's poop.  Because I swear I have no idea where that pebble of poop came from.  She was wearing her diaper, which was clean.  There was no way this poop would have come from the neighbours' kids, as they were on the other side of the fence, and too old to do this kind of stuff.

So I am sitting here, scratching my head, whose poop was it? As in, what germs and parasites might it harbour?

The only explanation I can come up with, and it is pretty farfetched, but at least it's a start, is that the cat must have sat on her litter box, and a piece of poop got stuck to her fur.  She might have sat on the patio afterwards and the poop fell off.

Yuck.  yuck. yuck.  Toxoplasmosis.  Giardia.  Tenia.  A whole bunch of other cat parasites that I know nothing at all about, not being a vet.

In Romania we say that if the kid eats poop, he or she will be wealthy (or was it lucky? can't remember).  If it is true, Emma is destined for a life of greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment