Thursday, September 5, 2013

guess what...a second line!!!

I just spoiled the plot with the title, didn't I?

We did another FET with the last embryo left on the planet that has my good looks and MrH's kind heart.  The embryo, alas, was a poorish quality (4BC), so I did not give it much thought and assumed it would not work.  I told everyone that this time it is not worth worrying about it, since it is so obviously not going to work...

I had the transfer on August 30th, and it was a five day blastocyst.  It was the most difficult transfer I have ever had.  I don't know if I am getting more fibrosis happening, but each transfer is more crampy and makes me nauseated.  This time I almost passed out, they had to put me head down as my blood pressure dropped and I was looking green and pasty.  In fact, the only thing that I recall during the whole procedure is asking for a vomiting basin... enough said.

I then went home (2000 km away up North to my home town), and promptly forgot that I had had IVF.  I even had a glass of wine two days after transfer.  Ooops.  Remembered only the next day that hey, I should be treading lightly on my tiptoes and licking the folic acid pills, not sipping chardonnay.

Whatever.  I was not pregnant, right?  Was not gonna happen...

Wrong.

Exactly one day later, I started getting itchy fingers and wanted to test.  If you have followed this blog, you know that I am a COMPULSIVE EARLY TESTER, and hence have to pee on sticks as soon as 3dp5dt comes around (three days post transfer of a five day embryo, that's what the blurb on the left means).

I got the faintest-pretty much invisible to anybody else-line.  However, I have done this enough to know what I was looking at.

It got darker the next day.

And darker the next.

So I am now almost 7dp5dt and have been testing consistently darker every day for the past four days.  I don't think I am looking at a bad thing here.  However, I have lived through four chemical pregnancies so far, so I don't know how excited I should get.

Yeah, right.  Like I have a choice.  I am HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY and am going to clap my hands...

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!!! So happy for you! Thank you so much for your kind thoughtful words, they mean more then you can know! I definitely have felt the same way as you described, a bit in denial that it's going to happen and then I'll be pleasantly surprised if it does.
    Hoping things continue to go smoothly for you with this cycle!!

    ReplyDelete