Wednesday, March 12, 2014

30w3d update, Hypertension

My blood pressure was a lot higher today at the OB's office, 135/96 once, and 130/90 the second time.  Enough to buy me a blood test and a warning that I'd better rest in bed for the rest of the gestation.  It's not like I am a model of activity anyway, but it looks like I have to adopt the sick position for the next six weeks, if indeed I make it that far.  It would not be the first time, I say.

I have no proteinuria, and my bloodwork turned out fine (here in Vancouver you can find out the results at the same time as your doctor by checking online).  The swelling however is really noticeable, and I have gone up 9 lb in two weeks, which is about 7 lb more than usual so far.  I am seeing the OB again on Friday, and I am guessing that if the BP does not come down, I am going to end up on meds and with three times a week visits to the hospital for non stress tests.

In the meantime, I am trying to finish knitting a blanket made of white alpaca wool that I have started during Emma's gestation but only got to halfway.  Perhaps this baby will get to enjoy it.  Emma just came by as I was typing just now and pulled out one of the needles (losing about fifty stitches) and exclaiming "big crayon"!  Gotta love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment