Thursday, March 27, 2014

I am pretty, oh so pretty!

This is what I mean by dependent facial edema.  I obviously slept on my right side.  Even my lips look huge!  The dilemma this morning was whether make up is worth it at this point.  I think make up is always worth it unless you can't see your eyelashes, then it is a waste of mascara :)

I think I got admitted at a good moment, because not only is my swelling epic, but my blood pressures are just not budging, despite the meds.  This morning it was 155/102.  The labetalol is not touching me.  I am guessing they will probably increase it today. 

I had such a hard time falling asleep!  The edema in the legs is giving me the restless legs feeling, and it took hours to finally fall asleep at 1:30, only to wake up again at 4 am for vitals.  Even in the middle of the night, while asleep, my BP was 144/90.  I think the high pressures make me a bit insomniac.  

I miss Emma's lovely smile in the mornings when she wakes up next to me.  Sweet little girl! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I can see what you mean. Don't give up on the makeup if it makes you feel better. I know you are missing your baby but remember that you are also doing this to be around for as long as possible. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete